Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchpad no right click working

Hi guys

I have an Asus UX21E with Luna installed.

For whatever reason it isn't recognizing that my touch pad right click button, it registers as a left click. I install synaptics to manage touchpad configuration and it doesn't think it has a right click button. Right click works fine if i use an external mouse.

I've used both Fedora and Arch in the past and my right click functions in both. For good measure i tested an Ubuntu 12.04 live disk to see if it had the same issue - it worked fine. This problem seems to be isolated to Luna.

Any suggestions?

Same problem here with an Asus N56VZ

Comment

It is a bug already reported on launchpad. Also you mean right click on desktop? Because on the desktop it doesn' work but in a program window (eg. Files) it is all ok

Comment

If what you have on your laptop is a "clickpad" -- i.e., what macbooks have -- using Synclient could solve your problem as it did for me. Open a terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and type "synclient" and hit enter. A whole bunch of options should come up like this:
        Code:
        NameOfOption=123
        There are tons of options for your touchpad in there. To change one, just run
        Code:
        synclient NameOfOption=123
        obviously replacing the values with real ones. If you want the change to be permanent for you, you can easily add an entry in System Settings > Startup Applications which runs the commands you used. This is the easiest way, but it will only run them when YOU login. Otherwise you can add a startup sh script to /etc/init.d/ as detailed here.
        Without knowing more specifically what your problem is, I can't really help you solve it. If you need any more help or want to give more information, just post back here.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X